Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Adore Dior! Review of Dior Show Mascara


I've been a fan of Christian Dior beauty products, primarily because of their stylish yet functional packaging. They also seem to put various elements together in kits that compliment each other perfectly.

One product I had yet to try was Dior Show mascara. I had heard some rave reviews but had found a reliable, non-clumpy (and affordable--you know you're supposed to replace this stuff at least every 3 months, right?) lash builder in L'Oreal's Voluminous.



Then I opened a package from Glamour last month. Viola. Dior Show delivered to my door. I hesitated in trying it during the week--I would much rather hit snooze a few more times than tinker with makeup before I've had my morning coffee--but tried it before a birthday party a few weeks ago...

Wow.

I read that this stuff was developed when a makeup artist didn't have a mascara wand and instead used a toothbrush to apply the stuff. This is nothing like a toothbrush. It looks like a typical mascara wand, although slightly larger and fuller, and it really works. I'm not sure if it was the wand or the mascara formula itself, but it caught every last lash, darkened, thickened and lengthened it to perfection. No spider-leg lashes, no flakes, no clumps and no streaky mess. I may have found a new favorite.

If you want to try it out for yourself, you can have it delivered to your doorstep as well. It's available at www.dior.com for $24.50 . Use code GLAM1 to receive free shipping. You also get to choose two free samples with your order. ~g.

No comments:

Post a Comment