Monday, December 14, 2009

Estee Lauder i-Match


Finding your perfect match can be difficult. This is true in the search for love and the search for foundation. I went to the Estee Lauder counter at Nordstrom recently to try their new iMatch system. I was promised that this would be, "the easy, fail-proof way to find my perfect foundation match."

I must say, the process lived up to its promise. I am a dedicated Smashbox High Definition girl, so I was skeptical that anything would else would live up to that. I arrived bare-faced, and after layering on serum and moisturizer, Leslie, my Estee Lauder expert used a handy little tool to find just the right intensity, shade and texture for my needs. Three different shades/formulas were "striped" onto my cheek, and it was determined that Nutritious #1 was my perfect match.


It blended perfectly into my skin and was the perfect "foundation" for the rest of the makeup that Leslie used to complete my look. This included Soft Matte bronzer and Pink Kiss blush. She lined my eyes and coated my lashes in Sumptuous Black. We then perfected my smoky eyes with the Gold Opulence Quad.

All in all, I'd say that Leslie did a better job matching me to a foundation than Patti the Millionaire Matchmaker does in most of her shows. I'd like to think that I am at least as discerning about my makeup as some of those guys are about their dates. While I still love my Smashbox, I now have a new makeup suitor to add to the rotation. -g.

No comments:

Post a Comment